5/07/2007

Meet the Author - Khaled Hosseini



May 22, 2007

07:00 PM
Khaled Hosseini: Thousand Splendid Suns
Author Event
Fiction


Barnes & Noble Booksellers
Union Square
33 East 17th Street
New York, NY 10003
212-253-0810
FREE
Do you remember the book called "Kite Runner"? No, well you should!! :-)) It was the talk of the town last 2 years. The engaging story about family, friendship, betrayal and and forgiveness kept many readers sleepless.
Kite Runner was the first novel of Mr. Hosseini and also it was the first novel in english language by an Afghan writer. If you like the first book, get ready for the second one. he is coming to town to meet the readers , mark your calendar and make sure to be there when he starts reading parts from "Thousand Splendid Suns ".
For those of you who does not know him yet, I encourage you to go see him, listen to to his voice and if you can take photos for me and share with us, it will be awesome.
I will be having my final examination session for financial accounting at 7pm that day, otherwise I would be there.Life is so unfair.

2 comments:

  1. Yes, I do remember the book :)
    Actually that's the last book I've bought in Istanbul. Still in its original(*)Robinson Crusoe paper package (the bookshop on Istiklal street, sure you know it)....

    But I haven't seen this one... Have you heard about John Pilger by the way?

    ReplyDelete
  2. B5 you have to read the book. It kinda starts slow but then it finds its ryhtm and the story is very touching.

    John Pilger does not ring a bell... let me google him and I will get back to you.

    Let me know your comments about "Kite Runner" once you read the book

    ReplyDelete