9/19/2007

The Blue Mosque's photos - Sultanahmet Cami'sinin fotograflari





MUSTAFA NECATİ KARAER – 1929-

ISTANBUL

Perhaps the water of the Bosphorus has changed;

I’ve found you on this Istanbul morning.

I don’t know how to say it-

When I come to Istanbul, I become Istanbul.

Your hands are in Bebek, your face is in Küçüksu,

You’re wearing a sea-blue blouse;

Like a poplar tree long and slender,

I’ve found you on this Istanbul morning.

A good-morning fell on the windows

Near the houses streets will awaken soon.

Yesterday, today, and tomorrow are in one line.

I’ve found you on this Istanbul morning.

Clouds take me to Eyüp,

Perhaps they know something.

Beyoglu is my wine, my bread is Üsküdar,

When I came to Istanbul, I became Istanbul

I’m wet, I've come from far away,

My business is to love, not to write poetry;

Please don’t disturb my dreams,

I’ve found you on this Istanbul morning

When I came to Istanbul, I became Istanbul.





No comments:

Post a Comment