3/01/2007

Tonight! Thursday, March 1 - Meet the Author

Reading
Dinaw Mengestu
The Beautiful Things That Heaven Bears: A Novel
Barnes & Noble - 6th Ave & 21st St
675 6th Ave (between 21st St and 22nd St)
New York, NY 10010
(212) 727-1227
Nearest Subway: F/V to 23rd St
.
Note from New York Muhtari:
As I was reading the Metro this morning, I saw the interview with this author and was fascinated by the story (Entertainment section , page 12) and I felt compelled to share this event with you. Again I will not be able to make it due to my class schedule, but if you have the time, I would urge you to go and hear him, reading parts from his book.
Who knows, if we are lucky, one of the reader of this blog might even share their experience with us, like Social Butterfly did recently. :-))
.
For more info on editorial review of this book, please go to Amazon's website.

5 comments:

  1. Hi,I've not read it. But I've bought 'No Enemy But Time' from William Harris,JR. I've just began. I liked it. His language is smooth. This is the 2nd novel.His 1st novel was a bestseller. Have u read it?

    ReplyDelete
  2. Hi Demet,

    I have not read it "no enemy but time". As a matter of fact, I have so many books in my library to read, but hardly have enough time. Obviously my buying process and reading process do not correlate.

    ReplyDelete
  3. I have the same problem. Books but no time. Another matter is that bookshops are full of postmodern novels without a sense or soul. Ok sometimes I can read such kind of them, but not always. This book is a historical novel about 2nd world war period. If you enjoy a book worth reading, offer me please:)

    ReplyDelete
  4. will do :-))

    I was taking American History class last year and my prof wrote a book about Pullman City in Chicago which was kinda interesting for me. Having a city isolated from the the rest of the world with it own rules and regulations. it was the talk of the town until the resident started claiming etc... if you wanna learn more about this check the amazon website.

    ReplyDelete
  5. Yes, I know thwt site. Thanks..

    ReplyDelete