6/23/2007

Flamenco @ N 33 Crosby Street New York, NY every Wednesday @ 8pm





All right, so you decided to go N (pronounce as enye) on a Wednesday night to see the flamenco show, but aside from their fab dancers, they have this cute/hunk/handsome (whatever you want to call him) Australian bartender with a sweet accent who also happen to make the best Mojito in town. I do not know if it is his magical touch to the ingredients or the secret recipe that N has (as the barmaid before him, was also making the best mojito), but take my word & go there, enjoy the show with the best Mojito in town.

PS: While I was taking the photos, some of them came really awful (due to lighting) and surprisingly then I had these shots and I was of course overjoyed. The bartender (see above??) wanted to see the photos, and little that I know at the time, I handed him my camera, in return he criticized the photos (Should I say that he liked them) . But here is the thing, just like any other New Yorker he was not full time bartender but an assistant photographer to a famous person :-((( I just wanted to dissapear right then & there, as my shots neither professional nor have any artistic talent, let alone has any technic.

so that was my little story.

And before I forget, here is a Mojito recipe, in case you wanna try this wonderful summer drink:

How to make the best Mojito from http://www.tasteofcuba.com/mojito.html

1 teaspoon powdered sugar or if you have use sugar cane
Juice from 1 lime (2 ounces)
4 mint leaves

1 sprig of mint
Havana Club white Rum (2 ounces)
2 ounces club soda

There are countless recipes for the Mojito (prounced moh-HEE-toh), but this version is for the one Hemingway himself enjoyed at the Mojito's place of birth: La Bodeguita del Medio in Havana, Cuba. If you are throwing a Cuban theme party (Havana night themed party), plan on serving mojitos.


Place the mint leaves into a long mojito glass (often called a "collins" glass) and squeeze the juice from a cut lime over it. You'll want about two ounces of lime juice, so it may not require all of the juice from a single lime. Add the powdered sugar, then gently smash the mint into the lime juice and sugar with a muddler (a long wooden device pictured below, though you can also use the back of a fork or spoon if one isn't available). Add ice (preferably crushed) then add the rum and stir, and top off with the club soda. Garnish with a mint sprig.

No comments:

Post a Comment